TheMel0n’s Moderator Application

TheMel0n

1. What is your IGN?
2. My current in-game name is TheMel0n, you can see my past names here: namemc.com/TheMel0n

3. How old are you?
4. I am currently 14 years old (I was born May 8th 2005)

5. What is your Discord?
6. My discord is currently TheMel0n//Ante#7366

7. How would you define your confidence when speaking to people you don’t know?
8. I am very confident, I am in no way shy and really like to speak to people and in the past I have spoken with people all around the world and never had any problems with it.

9. What is your timezone?
10. CET (Central European Time) Currently: CEST (Central European Summer Time).

11. Have you already applied before? If so, list the date when you applied.
12. No, this is my first time applying for any server.

13. Other than English, what languages are you fluent in?
14. All the languages that I master will be listed below:
* Swedish: Swedish is my native language, my grammar isn't perfect, but it's definitely good and I can speak and write it fluently
* English: I've only learnt English from school and video-games, but I can speak it fluently. My grammar is decent, not the best but I'm still improving my English every day.
* German: German is my second language, even though I'm not that good at it anymore because I haven't spoken it that much (I prefer talking in English). My grammar isn't the best but people still understand what I am saying. I understand German better than I understand English.
* Spanish: I'm currently learning Spanish at school, and I'm not good at it. I understand some words but not many.
* Norwegian/Danish: Since I speak Swedish, I can understand what they're saying and they can understand what I am saying. There might be some difficulties with some words, but I can easily explain them using other words.
2. How much time (on average) can you dedicate to staffing the server a day?
3. I have a lot time so I would say 1-5hours a day, it really depends.

4. Have you ever been punished? If so, explain what happened.
5. I have been punished around 3 times but that was when I was very immature and young (McPvP 2012-2015) since then I have not really been punished. Because I used to hack I have gained knowledge of how a hackers brain works and it has teached me how to catch hackers easier. I have never been punished on the SoupsMc Network.

6. Do you have any experience with staffing soup servers?
7. I've moderated quite a few smaller soup servers owned by my friends, which I don’t remember the names of - (all of the servers are closed now). The ranks I had on there correspond to Mod, Mod+, Admin and Owner on Teams. Those ranks made me get familiar with most of the moderator commands.

8. Do you have any experience with staffing any other types of servers?
9. No, sadly not.

10. When did you join your first soup-based server? Also list the server name.
11. I joined my first soup based server in 2011/2012, which was mcpvp; but I have been familiar with souping way longer because I played on my friends computers before I got my dads old one.

12. Why do you want staff?
13. I want staff because I want to improve Teams and the other players experience of the server. I also really enjoy staffing, catching hackers, monitoring chat etc.

14. What separates you from other applicants?
I can speak multiple languages, I’m from the EU and I have a lot of experience from Raid/Teams servers because I joined my first Raid/Team server on 2011/2012 and have been active on these kind of servers since that day (in total 7 years) So I am a decent tracker and can quite easily see if people xrayed or tracked it).
15. What are some of your weaknesses as a staff member?
I currently don’t know how to screen share, that’s the only weakness I can think of right now.

16. What are three traits that best define you and why?
Experienced , Positive and willing to learn.

17. How quickly do you expect to be promoted?
I expect to be promoted when the staff team have read my apply and been discussing over if I’m capable of the job as staff. If the staff team think I’m not worthy I’m not expecting to be promoted.

18. What are some hobbies you do outside of playing SoupsMC?
I cycle, hang out with friends, play handball and run sometimes. (Handball is currently 1 time a week (Beachhandball))

19. Anything else?
After mcpvp shut down I went over to brawl and that’s were most of my experience comes from (How the gamemode works etc). My brother is also mod on a quite big Raid server and I have learned quite a lot from there.

Thiago

EliteKits Mod
EliteKits Mod
[-0.5]

Positive Sides:
  • You seem to be mature, chill and nice.
  • EU & Young, therefore, can be active at different timezones.
Negative Sides:
  • Experienced with Soup servers, but not very experienced with staffing soup servers
  • 1-5 Hours a day is really not much, you are young so you could be online more

Observations about your application:
Bad Organization/Formatting.

2. Lacks detail on "Why do you want staff?"
Lacks detail on "What are three traits that best define you and why?", you did not specify why those are the best traits that define you.

Notes: In "Why do you want staff?'' section you wrote very simple answers. The question is indeed personal, but you could've written more. Saying "I want to improve Teams" and "I want to enjoy catching hackers and monitoring chat" is what every staff do. There are much more on being staff, ask yourself how could you help improve the server other than only catching hackers and monitoring chat. Also throughout the application, you repeated the word "and" several times, which shows your lack of grammatical knowledge. This is very explicit in the section "How would you define your confidence when speaking to people you don’t know?". I completely understand English is not your main language and it is not my main language as well, but having grammatical knowledge is very important when communicating with players.

My tip:
Add more details and spend some time writing your application. I am sure we all have some potential and I have no doubts that if you spend some time on your application you are going to be able to express yourself better.

Last edited:

Dird

TeamsMC Mod
TeamsMC Mod
[-0.5]

Positive Sides:
Negative Sides:
  • Experienced with Soup servers, but not very experienced with staffing soup servers

Lacks detail on "What are three traits that best define you and why?", you did not specify why those are the best traits that define you.

3. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![MOST IMPORTANT]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your answers are very vain and immature. You may have not expressed yourself well, or maybe you just haven't spent much time writing your application.
Notes: In "Why do you want staff?'' section you wrote very simple answers. The question is indeed personal, but you could've written more. Saying "I want to improve Teams" and "I want to enjoy catching hackers and monitoring chat" is what every staff do. There are much more on being staff, ask yourself how could you help improve the server other than only catching hackers and monitoring chat. Also throughout the application, you repeated the word "and" several times, which shows your lack of grammatical knowledge. This is very explicit in the section "How would you define your confidence when speaking to people you don’t know?". I completely understand English is not your main language and it is not my main language as well, but having grammatical knowledge is very important when communicating with players.

My tip:
Add more details and spend some time writing your application. I am sure we all have some potential and I have no doubts that if you spend some time on your application you are going to be able to express yourself better.
I disagree, I don't think he has shown that he is "vain" or "immature" in any way.

Here's my opinion:
- Some grammar errors
- Lacks experience
- Could definitely have more detail (see traits, etc.)
- Wide range in the time available

I come to a different conclusion for ya brother, +0.

Good luck with your staff application!

Thiago

EliteKits Mod
EliteKits Mod
I disagree, I don't think he has shown that he is "vain" or "immature" in any way.

Here's my opinion:
- Some grammar errors
- Lacks experience
- Could definitely have more detail (see traits, etc.)
- Wide range in the time available

I come to a different conclusion for ya brother, +0.

Good luck with your staff application!
I completely agree with you. He hasn't shown to be vain or immature, I can completely agree with you on that, but his answers definitely are vain and immature. Hence my suggestion for him to add more details.

I may change my rating to Neutral or +0.5 when he adds enough detail.

Dird

TeamsMC Mod
TeamsMC Mod
I completely agree with you. He hasn't shown to be vain or immature, I can completely agree with you on that, but his answers definitely are vain and immature. Hence my suggestion for him to add more details.

I may change my rating to Neutral or +0.5 when he adds enough detail.
I'm saying his answers are not vain or immature.. He doesn't display anything immature about himself and certainly doesn't boast or show any vain comments in his application. I'm going to just leave it off there as I would rather not argue and trash his thread.

Thiago

EliteKits Mod
EliteKits Mod
I'm saying his answers are not vain or immature.. He doesn't display anything immature about himself and certainly doesn't boast or show any vain comments in his application. I'm going to just leave it off there as I would rather not argue and trash his thread.
You're right. Thank you for your input though.

TheMel0n

[-0.5]

Positive Sides:
Negative Sides:

3. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![MOST IMPORTANT]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your answers are very vain and immature. You may have not expressed yourself well, or maybe you just haven't spent much time writing your application.

My tip:
Ok thanks, I will try to make my application better, I spent around 2-3 hours writing this. And the reason why it's 1-5 hours a day is because school takes alot of time, but currently this won't be a problem because I have two months of vacation infront of me.