oBlaise's SoupsMC moderator application

oBlaise

• What is your IGN?
oBlaise
  • How old are you?
I am 18 years old.
  • What is your Discord?
Blaise#2844
  • How would you define your confidence when speaking to people you don’t know?
I am a contractor who buys, fixes, and sells homes in my area with my step-dad. I am often the one who meets the realtor who is selling a home we are interested in fixing in order to make a decision regarding the purchase of said home. Realtors can be excessive and over zealous about a property in order to sell it. When you buy a new home to flip every month or more, this can quickly become aggravating because after doing this job for a while you are practically qualified to be a realtor yourself and hearing things you could decipher on your own is annoying. I have always kept a proper attitude when being lead on a tour of a home despite the realtor's salesperson's "skills". in doing so you learn to cope with the trials of dealing with many different personalities in conversation. I could think of many other examples if you would like me to do so.
  • What is your timezone?
Eastern Time (EST)
  • Have you already applied before? If so, list the date when you applied.
No, I have not previously applied for any staff position on SoupsMC
  • Other than English, what languages are you fluent in?
I am not fluent in any other languages. I do however, speak a small amount of Spanish.
  • How much time (on average) can you dedicate to staffing the server a day?
2-4 Hours on weekdays
4-6 Hours on weekends
  • Have you ever been punished? If so, explain what happened.
I have not been punished.
  • Do you have any experience with staffing soup servers?
in 2014 I was admin on a server called PvP Rank-up, a souping kit server in which you rank up after accumulating the amount of XP which is gained from killing other players required for the next rank. I was the only mod who was ever promoted to administrator.
  • Do you have any experience with staffing any other types of servers?
I was moderator on a server called Storm of Blocks sometime around 2012.
  • When did you join your first soup-based server? Also list the server name.
I first joined PvP Rank-up in 2013 and have been an avid soup PvP fan since. I am so excited to see that someone is putting an effort in to rebuilding the soup community.
  • Why do you want staff?
I would be pleased to be in a staff position on SoupsMC because I often times am disappointed when I die to a player exploiting an unfair advantage or when my friends or teammates are killed by said player. I have always wished that an authoritative figure had been witnessing the many events like the previously described so that what had happened could be made right and the player taking advantage of cheat clients, glitches on the server or in minecraft in general, and other unfair advantages that are not allowed could be brought to justice. If I were to be made into an authoritative figure on SoupsMC than I would be able to prevent this from happening not only to me and my friends, but to many other players on the server.
  • What separates you from other applicants?
I am different from other applicants because of my burning urge to eliminate all unfair occurrences and cheating players when possible on SoupsMC. Also, while I am playing, I record my experience for the entire duration of my time on the server. This is because of moments when I am accused of things that are not necessarily in violation of the rules on the server, but that are generally discouraged. Such as refilling in a 1v1 or stealing loot and swapping it with your's. Because I record my game-play consistently, I have been able to avoid conflict with the accusers. This is a relevant detail due to the fact that if somebody who is upset that I take righteous action on them as a moderator decides to dispute said action, I will have my entire perspective of the event that caused me to punish them on file and can display it in order to enable my superiors to have a well educated view on the event in order to make a proper decision.
  • What are some of your weaknesses as a staff member?
A detail that may weaken my overall ability to handle a staff position on any server is that my internet connection sometimes decides its tired and quits on me for a brief moment. It is possible that an event that is important to be viewed by a staff member is happening at the current time of my internet connection's fatigue. This would cause me to miss this event completely if it occured over a 2 minute or shorter amount of time. I would guess that I am also not quite as active as other applicants.
  • What are three traits that best define you and why?
-I am generally a very passive person when I am being harassed in any way. However, if somebody is messing with someone I care about or do not know I become intrigued to understand why it is happening and what action needs to take place in order to preserve the peace. I believe that multiple players of SoupsMC will vouch for me on this one in terms of displaying this trait online. For example, Painufull, a player who frequently cheats in 1v1s and jumps other player's 1v1s has done this to me as well, I held my anger and tried to work this out. In doing so, I discovered that he simply did not understand that it is generally assumed that you are not going to refill your hot bar with soup in a 1v1, or that you should be polite and let others 1v1 though it would be an easy gain to jump in and kill the winner at his weak point on a server like SoupsMC. I would say that Painufull and I are in a neutral or even positive state of mind when it comes to how we view each other at this point and I have not seen him jump a player in a 1v1 since. This may be because he knows I will kill him if he does. I have however seen him refill in a no refill 1v1. I am not claiming to have cured his lack of knowledge of completely eliminated this problem.
- I am very adventurous
- I do not tend to anger quickly though it can happen at times.
  • How quickly do you expect to be promoted?
Based on the knowledge of other staff. I expect to be promoted in a few months. I will not be upset if this is not the case.
  • What are some hobbies you do outside of playing SoupsMC?
Outside of Gaming, I enjoy many things that involve the outdoors. I fish, hunt, kayak, ride dirt-bikes and jetskis, and many other things. My biggest passion outside of video games is herpetology, the study of reptiles and amphibians. I love to go out into many different biomes and weather conditions in order to find a target species to photograph and study. I often times document these experiences on Youtube where I have gained over one-million channel views and nearly ten-thousand subscribers. There are many other indoor and outdoor activities that I enjoy other than the examples I have listed. These other examples are not significant enough to list.
  • Anything else?
I am very grateful for your consideration and would be ecstatic to help serve SoupsMC and the souping community through being enabled to make authoritative decisions in the pursuit of a toxicity and cheating free server.

Thank you! - Blaise (oBlaise)

Last edited:

oBlaise

If you decide to +1 or -1 this application, I would appreciate an explanation as to why so that I can do better in the future. Thank you!

Hify

Mod
Damn, a year to go from ChatMod to Mod? Seems like a fuck-ton, I would switch that part of your application to a couple months IMO..

oBlaise

Damn, a year to go from ChatMod to Mod? Seems like a fuck-ton, I would switch that part of your application to a couple months IMO..
I just don’t know much about the current staff and what the need to see in order to promote. You obviously know more about this gig than I do so i’ll take your word for it. Thanks.

Hify

Mod
I just don’t know much about the current staff and what the need to see in order to promote. You obviously know more about this gig than I do so i’ll take your word for it. Thanks.
If you don't know just put in your app you don't know, but yep no worries, it's how long YOU expect, not me!

Speederz

Hello I'm here to give you a neutral.

I feel like this application is well said and well written, I just don't feel like you have enough experience but overall everything else looks pretty good !

I wish you the best of luck in the future !

Regards, Speederz

oBlaise

Hello I'm here to give you a neutral.

I feel like this application is well said and well written, I just don't feel like you have enough experience but overall everything else looks pretty good !

I wish you the best of luck in the future !

Regards, Speederz
thank you very much for your constructive criticism!