Accepted Gich Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gich

TeamsMC Mod
TeamsMC Mod
1. What is your IGN? Gich, formally known as stryker18.
2. How old are you? 20.
3. What is your Discord? Gich#7219
4. How would you define your confidence when speaking to people you don't know? Very good, I have worked in customer service for 2 years in my personal life. You are constantly dealing with people you do not know and having to react in a calm and formal fashion.
5. What is your timezone EST
6. Have you already applied before? If so, list the date when you applied. No.
7. Other than English, what languages are you fluent in? None, unfortunately.
8. How much time (on average) can you dedicate to staffing the server a day? Currently as I am out of college for the summer, on average 3-4 hours per day. As I do have other commitments including friends and a summer job.
9. Have you ever been punished? If so, explain what happened. Nope.
10. Do you have any experience with staffing soup servers? Indeed I do! I was a moderator for Zixy_Roll's server ZixyPVP back in the day along side Auqium, I went by stryker18 back then. I was mod for about 3 months I think? if my memory serves me right, Then Zixy shut his server down.
11. Do you have any experience staffing with any other types of servers? Unfortunately not. Soup is the only Minecraft server I have ever really played.

12. When did you join your first soup-based server? Also list the server name. It was the original Mcpvp, but I believe it was Badger their second server and it must have been in 2013. I was just 14 years old then and the idea of soup was amazing for me, being able to raid other people bases, and also join a team, It truly blew my mind and I fell in love with the game mode then and there!
13. Why do you want staff? I started playing soup when I was 14. Its the only memory I have of this amazing game and when I heard soup was coming back I was excited to feel nostalgic again. I want to do my part, however little it may be in preserving this amazing idea of hardcore raiding and soup pvp for the next generation of minecraft players to grow up on, I want to bring soup back to the main stage of minecraft server royalty. So If I can even do a little bit to help this server succeed then I will happily do my part if you will have me.

14. What separates you from other applicants? Hopefully my experiences, I have moderated a high level soup server before seeing all the bases get xrayed and the cheaters with reach so I know how to spot cheaters and also deal with them accordingly. I have also played this game for a good portion of my life so I know the in's and out's.
15. What are some of your weaknesses as a staff member? I would say a weaknesses would have to be that I have not moderated in 3.5 to 4 years so I may be a little rusty. Other than that I am usually a pretty level headed guy and can deal with most things at ease.
16. What are three traits that best define you and why? Passionate, Competitive and Kind. If I have a passion for something its pretty much impossible for me to let go of that particular thing. I am very competitive, sometimes too much for my own good. I grew up playing hockey since I was 3 years old so I don't like losing. Kind, Yes you can throw out the typical Canadian stereotypes but I have always been kind and you have to be when you are working in customer service.
17. How quickly do you expect to be promoted? If you do choose me and think I would be a good fit, I would hope to get a little time moderating the beta map before 1.0, since I haven't moderated in about 4 years.
18. What are some hobbies you do outside of playing SoupsMC? Hockey, hanging out with friends and Netflix of course.
19. Anything else? Honestly not much, I hope you consider me for the position and I look forward to playing more SoupsMC for the rest of the beta map and map 1.0 thanks for your time!

Last edited:

Dird

TeamsMC Mod
TeamsMC Mod
You seem mature and level-headed, however there is a lack of detail in your past experience.
I'm also Canadian by the way so I can vouch we are kind :D
I'll give it a +0, good in some departments, lacking in others.
Good luck!

Thiago

EliteKits Mod
EliteKits Mod
[+0.5]

Positives:
  • You clearly displayed good communication skills
  • Seems to be mature

Although you lack staff experience by years, I think you deserve a position on the staff team. As long as you keep up you will be promoted accordingly after you join the team.

Last edited:

Dird

TeamsMC Mod
TeamsMC Mod
[+0.5]

Positives:
  • You clearly displayed good communication skills
  • Seems to be mature
Negative:
  • Very rusty in the staffing department. (No knowledge of nowadays cheats, therefore may not be able to screen share if needed.
I feel like you should be Admin instead of Moderator, but unfortunately, you have to work your way up the "ladder". Moderators are definitely very important when it comes to identifying, verifying and punishing cheaters, therefore your lack of experience by years may be a huge issue.
The first position amongst the ladder is Moderator. Moderators perform everything a ChatMod does, and no more.

Cheater punishments are Senior Mod+, and are higher up the ladder.

This debunks that criticism you gave XD

Thiago

EliteKits Mod
EliteKits Mod
The first position amongst the ladder is Moderator. Moderators perform everything a ChatMod does, and no more.

Cheater punishments are Senior Mod+, and are higher up the ladder.

This debunks that criticism you gave XD
Thank you for letting me know. I was not aware of that. I will edit my criticism.

Kayleighh

Manager
Manager
Congratulations, I have decided to take you to the next step which is an interview! You will receive more information via PMs on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.